Taking care of your eyes can be one of the toughest tasks of all time as it is one delicate part of your body. The nerves are very sensitive and get easily affected by the harsh environment. Pink eye, also known as Conjunctivitis, is one type of infection which causes irritation. Generally, the cause is viral but the research says it can also be a result of allergic response.
And while consulting a doctor should be your basic step to know the exact problem with your eyes, there are some household pink eye remedies that can reduce itchiness in your eyes and help you cure faster.
Source – dutchgoldhoney.com
Honey has antibacterial properties which can kill the harmful bacterias. Like honey consumption is good for digestion, similarly, it can also be used as an eye infection remedy.
- Mix honey and distilled water equally, apply the mixture with a cotton ball to the eyes. Repeat this procedure 2-3 times a day.
- Few drops of honey in the eyes can also help you get rid of dirt and bacteria in the eye quickly. Using it 2-3 times a day will give you quick results.
Source – rd.com
After having contacted pink-eye, due care of the patient’s belongings should be taken. Washing of clothes and bedsheets should be done more frequently and a bath before going to bed helps you remain cleaning, resulting in the reduction of bacteria.
Compress With Cloth
Source – cdn.shopify.com
Use a cloth soaked in cold water and keep it gently over your eyes. Don’t press too hard, it won’t help you cure faster but will only increase the pain. Warm water compress helps in increasing the blood flow which promotes the healing process. Repeat the process 2-3 times a day and make sure the cloth is not used by any other person.
Green Tea: Not Just For Drinking
Source – healthaio.com
One essential way to use green tea is, treating eye infections. The antioxidants and tannic acid present in them helps to kill bacteria and is a proven way to increase the overall health of your eyes.
- Soak 2 tea bags in hot water and then remove the excess water from the tea bag.
- Keep both tea and tea bag in the fridge to cool.
- Wash your eyes with the cold tea and rest the tea bags on your eyes for 10-15 minutes.