Ear infections mostly occur due to bacterial attack and it affects the eardrum mostly. If your child is suffering from an ear infection then he/she might sense severe ear pain and some fluid may also flow from ears. Ear infection in children is common, researches revealed that 9 out of 10 children suffer from ear infections and most children of 2 to 6 years old get an ear infection. It is also known by the name of OM (otitis media).
Of course, treatments are there to cure such infections but before going towards any treatment we need to identify the type of infection. There are many kinds of infection that occur in the ear such as:
- Acute otitis media (AOM) – Most of the children suffer from this disease and it targets the middle part of the ear and results in swollen ears along with this it also traps fluid which may result in an earache. This strong pain sometimes ends up with fever and headaches as well.
- Chronic otitis media with effusion (COME) – This is the most dangerous infection among any ear infections as it may hamper the healing power of a child. It happens if the fluid remains in the ear for a long time and it even invites ear infection over and over again.
- Otitis media with effusion (OME) – This is less dangerous as compared to any other infections and it does not show up with any such problems. It mainly happens after AOM, if the fluid remains in the ear.
Ear infections mainly infect infant which makes it hard to identify about the child’s suffering but here are 7 seven symptoms which indicates that your kid may be suffering from ear infection.
Source : img.aws.livestrongcdn.com
- Continuous crying and nagging which happens due to the pain.
Source : tesco-baby.com
- Children who are suffering from ear infection may face problem while sleeping and most of the time they won’t be able to sleep as well.
Source : healthyhearing.com
- Infection in the ear may cause an itching sensation in the ear so you may notice that your kid s tugging in the ear if he/she is having an ear infection.
Source : babycenter.com
- Fever is the most common symptom of an ear infection.
Source : catracalivre.com.br
- You may see some kind of fluids running out of your kid’s ear in case he is having an ear infection.
Source : images.parents.mdpcdn.com
- Your kid may not able to hear soft sounds if he is having an ear infection and loud sound or noises may even hurt his/her ears.
Source : i.ytimg.com
- Intolerable pain and vomiting may happen
If you find these few symptoms in your kid then don’t waste your time and immediately rush to a good doctor. Prevention is always better than cure so here is little preventions against ear infections.
- Keep your child dry
- Always visit a doctor in case you sense any symptom of an ear infection
- Protect your child from smoke
- Keep your baby clean and never held your kid with dirty hands
- Let your kid go through proper vaccination
Following these preventions, you may save your kid from any infection. Take your child’s problems seriously so that you could understand the symptoms easily.