Clobetasol Propionate Cream : A Solution for Provocative Epidermis Problems
What is Clobetasol Propionate?
Clobetasol Propionate is a potent corticosteroid. Clobetasol Propionate is a large and heavy-dose corticosteroid medicinal treatment for reducing the pain and itchiness caused by skin issues and conditions. Topical corticosteroids are mentioned as topical steroids. Clobetasol Propionate topical is used to treat itchiness, dryness, redness, inflammation, discomfort, and scaling for different skin issues, and scalp conditions.
It includes a Psoriasis solution, a skin disease where the skin starts turning red, causing scaly patches on some of the body parts. This corticosteroid suppose to use under the doctor’s advice and direction. Usually, this Medication is available in the form of Gel, Cream, Ointment, and Spray only for external uses.
Chemical name, Structure, and Physical Properties of Clobetasol Propionate:
Clobetasol Propionate is a white-colored cream, ointment, lotion, or foam, a crystalline powder, and completely insoluble in water. It weighs an average: of 466.97 and Monoisotopic: of 466.19223
When it comes to the nature of Clobetasol Propionate cream or ointment, it turns out to be a high dose to get control over severe skin and scalp conditions.
How can Clobetasol Proportionate be Useful?
Alert: Before knowing how this heavy dose can be useful, you must understand that it is only available only by doctor’s prescription.
- Clobetasol Propionate is medicinal cream, ointment, or spray that can be useful to treat skin issues such as swelling, irritation, and itchiness.
- Clobetasol Propionate advises for skin problems like Eczema (counting contact of dermatitis), Psoriasis, Lichen Planus, and Lupus.
- Clobetasone, an ointment, is usually available in the market and is much lighter and mild compared to Clobetasol Propionate if your body can’t accept and reacts verse to this dose.
- This solution is useful for scalp problems in foam form, for moderate and mild Plaque Psoriasis.
- The cream and lotion form is useful for severe and mild Plaque Psoriasis.
Clobetasol Propionate Disadvantage and Side-effect:
Clobetasol also has some side effects that can see on some of the skin.
- They commonly have seen side effects like Burning on the application part, cough, and soreness in the throat.
- It is a thinning of the skin, mainly when used on the face or between the folds like the fingers.
- In sporadic cases, people find some disadvantages of using Clobetasol like Body aches, skin color changes, burning sensation on your body, skin drying, and irritation of the skin.
- Skin Discomfort, a Stuffy nose, blindness, change in vision, and weakness are some of the unseen side effects that did not suppose to avoid and suppose to get immediate doctor’s concern.
How Can You Use This Clobetasol Propionate Gel or Lotion?
- For your very kind information, this Medication is only useful for the exterior skin. Keep them away from your eyes, nose, and face. The second thing to keep in mind is not to use this medicine before and the doctors’ recommendation, as it is a high-dose steroid that may harm your skin and body.
- Before starting the application, wash and dry your hands and the application area. Take a thin layer of the cream or lotion amount, apply it to the affected area and rub it nicely until it penetrates the skin nicely. Use the cream twice a day or as directed by the concerned doctor.
- You did not suppose to cover the area after the application.
- After the application of the medicine, it is advisable to wash your hands.
- Avoid the eye area if asked to apply the cream on the face.
- This Medication does not use for more than two weeks or 50grams per week unless advised by the doctor.
Clobetasol Propionate Can Be Used by Whom?
Not everyone can use this medicine, and thus it is necessary to know who all can use Clobetasol Propionate:
- Clobetasol doe not allowed use for children below the age group of 12 years.
- Some doctors and brands do not approve of the formula for any person below 18 years of age.
- Clobetasol can create more adverse effects on small children than a soothing effect, and, thus, this high dose is never advisable for small children.
- If you are a diabetic patient, this medicine is not favorable for your body type; it can increase the glucose levels in your blood and urine. It is advisable to take the doctor’s direction for your betterment.
- If you are a pregnant lady, it is better to take your doctor’s concern because it is not sure if the unborn baby will be affected or not.
- Apply the cream or lotion around the breast while breastfeeding. Avoid the areas on the chest to avoid the baby from risk.
- It is best to contact your concerned doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding an infant child.
- If going through some other medications for different health problems, do not use Clobetasol unless advised by the doctor.
Dosage for Clobetasol Propionate:
The dosage for this medication varies for different patients and persons. The information can be helpful to you for the average use of the dose. To follow your doctor’s advice is the best direction, though.
If you have a different course for the doctor’s dose advice, do not change until told to do so. The interval between the applications of the formula depends upon the skin condition and the doctor’s recommendation.
- For itchiness and redness:- Adults can apply the affected area 2 times a day. Children between 12 to 17 years of age can use it once a day in the affected area.
- If the Medication is in the form of a lotion:
- An adult can apply on and near the affected area twice a day.
- Children did not recommend using the lotion.
- For topical use: Adults can apply according to the doctor’s advice, and children did not allow.
- For pregnant women, it is strictly advised to use it under the doctor’s concern.
Facts Which You Must Know!
- Clobetasol also have some brand name like Dermovate, Etrivex, and ClobaDerm
- This also includes scalp treatments and shampoos, which are potent steroids.
- You are strictly not supposed to use Clobetasol on your face unless your doctor has advised you to do so, as it can worsen the skin problems on your face.
- Clobetasol is a corticosteroid, which is not the same as Anabolic steroids.
- Topical Proportionate is a high dose and not applied without any doctor’s advice on the prescription.
Ensure that the doctor or the chemist prescribing you this medicine is well aware of all your other health issues and medications you have been taking for the time being to avoid any side effects or adverse skin problems creating discomfort to you and your body. Note that, do not overdose on the Medication unless been advised.
The Medication given to you is only for your use, and do not offer it to others, though their symptoms seem to be the same as yours.
I hope this blog helps you to understand and get informed about Clobetasol Propionate. Still, if you have any questions, please contact the doctor or pharmacy in your surroundings.
For more health-related information, visit Healthclubfinder.