Healthy Dinner Ideas for You and Your Family
Eat the right food that is healthy, nutritious, and low-calorie. There is no need to consume too much in your dinner but a healthy diet. While there are many physical benefits of a healthy diet, it also gives you a better mood if it tastes good. But after a long and tiring day, you want to keep your dinner recipe simple and easy. If you want something different for dinner time but are planning a healthy meal, I have come up with a list of healthy dinner ideas. These healthy easy dinner ideas are easy to cook and won’t take much of your time for preparation.
Healthy Dinner Ideas
Here are a few creative and less time consuming healthy easy dinner ideas with their respective recipes written below:
Seared Salmon With Arugula And Walnut Pesto
This is one of the perfect healthy dinner ideas if you are craving pasta but do not want to go full out. This is one of my favorite healthy dinner recipes because in this recipe you use zucchini noodles instead of pasta. Therefore, you are getting your pasta but healthily. You can easily get pre-cut zucchini noodles in the market.
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 375˚F
- For the pesto, you have to evenly grind garlic, walnuts, and pepper flakes into a food processor. Then you have to add an arugula. Now, slowly drizzle oil while the motor is running until everything is fully blended. Then add parmesan, salt, and pepper and keep it aside.
- Take a shallow baking dish and place tomatoes, garlic, and thyme covered in oil and butter in it. First, roast it for 15 minutes and then sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Now, keep it aside.
- Now place a large pot with water on medium-high heat. When water starts boiling then add a small handful of salt and the dry spaghetti. After 6 or 7 minutes add zucchini and cook it for another 30 seconds. Now drain pasta and zucchini and keep them aside.
- For salmon, you have to place a skillet covered with oil in an oven with medium-high heat. Now with salt and pepper, season the salmon fillets and sear them for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. But first, the skin side should be up and then flip it. After that, roast the salmon for 7 to 8 minutes in the oven.
- Now it is time to assemble everything. After getting everything together, finish your dish with freshly grated Parmesan.
Roasted and Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Are you vegetarian and looking for healthy dinner ideas, this is a delicious and filling dinner recipe for you? In this dinner idea, you will get cilantro-garlic cashew sauce which is so good. Use sauce to drizzle over some simple roasted veggies which will be perfect for snacking.
- Firstly, Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Place prepared sweet potatoes into the oven rack and roast; it usually takes 40-50 minutes.
- Toss chickpeas with oil, cumin, salt, and pepper into a mixing bowl. Now take a parchment-lined baking sheet and spread the chickpeas on it in a single layer. Now, roast it for about 20 minutes and while roasting, remember to shake it occasionally to avoid sticking. Finally, after taking it out of the oven, keep it aside.
- While sweet potatoes and chickpeas are in the oven, drain cashews that were in the water for 2 hours and place them in the blender with 1 cup of water, ½ cilantro, ½ lime juice, 2 garlic cloves, salt, and pepper. Blend until it is completely smooth.
- When everything is ready, cut the sweet potatoes in half and dig chickpeas with the cashew sauce into each sweet potato. You can also place additional sauce on the side.
Spaghetti Squash and Broccoli Alfredo
This is one of the best healthy dinner ideas that are easy to make. It is a creamy but healthy dinner idea. With this recipe, you get a satisfying taste of pasta while using spaghetti squash. You can also add extra broccoli or other veggies if you want to.
- Firstly, Preheat the oven to 375˚F
- Take the squash and cut it into two halves lengthwise. Place it on a baking sheet; remember its cut side should be downwards. Now, roast it for an hour until it becomes fork-tender and let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Now, scrape the flesh out with a fork but make sure to keep the peels intact. After cooling, set it aside in a mixing bowl lightly seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Add oil and butter to a skillet and put it on medium heat and saute garlic and shallots. After approximately 2 or 3 minutes add cream and broccoli to it. When the liquid is reduced by half and broccoli is slightly tender, season it with salt and pepper. Add a small amount of Parmesan into the cream until the sauce is thick.
- Now, add spaghetti squash and toss everything together.
- Sprinkle Gruyere and cracked black pepper on each stuffed squash. Now, broil it for about 2 minutes, and you are done with one of the best healthiest meal ideas. Also, add fresh basil leaves at the end.
Chipotle Honey Chicken Burrito Bowls
It is a free bowl recipe with chicken in it and you can add whatever ingredients you love. With this healthy dinner recipe, you can make your Chipotle burrito bowl easily at home. You can choose any base but I especially love it with riced cauliflower as my base.
- For the rice: Blend 2 ¼ cups warm chicken stock, 2 garlic cloves, ½ bunch of cilantro, and salt in a blender.
- Place a medium pot with oil on medium-high heat. Toast quinoa for 2 or 3 minutes and then pour cilantro-garlic-infused stock. Wait until it boils.
- After it boils, lowers the heat and hard simmer until the stock is absorbed. Remember to partially cover while you simmer it.
- Add lime zest and juice to the quinoa. Then season it with salt and pepper. Keep it aside.
- For the chicken: In a small mixing bowl put chipotle with adobo and honey. Whisk it together. Now, toss it together with shredded chicken.
- Now, put cilantro-lime quinoa into each bowl and other desired ingredients like black beans, lightly charred sweet corn, pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream, crumbled queso fresco, fried corn tortilla strips, hot sauce, or lime wedges. Finish your bowl with a sprinkle of remaining cilantro.
If you are a vegetarian, here is one of the best healthiest meal ideas. These bowls make a delicious vegetarian dish, yet filling meal. The dish is full of different ingredients that are well-paired to make the dish amazing. Customize the recipe according to your choice but don’t miss on garlic cashew sauce.
Garlic Cashew Sauce Recipe:
Take 1 ¼ cups raw cashews, ¾ cup chicken stock, 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, ½ teaspoon ground coriander, 1 teaspoon dry mustard, and 1 head roasted garlic cloves in a mixer. Blend it well until the sauce is completely smooth with a good drizzle consistency. You can also choose vegetable stock instead of chicken if you are vegetarian. Now add salt, pepper according to taste and set the sauce aside.
Buddha Bowl Recipe:
Fill four wide and shallow bowls with ¾ cup quinoa. Make a mixture of sweet potato, roasted cauliflower florets, chickpeas, red beet, avocado, dino kale leaves in a separate bowl. Make sure for dino kale leaves, it is thinly sliced and massaged and ribs removed. Now add a portion of the mixture into each bowl of quinoa. Lightly season each bowl with little salt and pepper as per your taste. Finally, drizzle the bowls with as much or as little cashew sauce as you love.
Soba Noodles With Shrimp
This is one of the best healthy dinner ideas for a family. Nothing can be more fascinating than Soba Noodles with Shrimp for seafood lovers. While soba noodles are also high in protein but gluten-free, shrimp makes the dish even more versatile and delicious. Moreover, the tossing of the creamy peanut flavor makes the dish even more flavorful. You can also easily customize it to add more veggies depending on your taste.
- Boil a pot of water and add noodles to it. Cook noodles for a few minutes until they are soft enough. Drain the water out of noodles and rinse them well with cold water.
- Soak the noodles in cold water for some time and drain.
- Whisk honey, soya sauce, peanut butter, rice wine vinegar to make a sauce. Add salt and pepper.
- Add sauce, edamame, and shrimp to the noodles. Toss it well until everything is evenly layered.
- Finally, chill the dish in the refrigerator and put sliced green onions and crushed peanuts for topping. The dish is ready to serve.
Looking for a guide to cook delicious, healthy dinner ideas for a family and yourself with minimal effort? Here is your pick. The above article covers a list of healthy dinner ideas if you’re just getting started learning to cook. From vegetarian to healthy chicken and meat recipes, you will find all. These healthy meals are on the table in 30 minutes or less without taking much of your effort. Whip up some great delicious and healthy meals in the breeze and enjoy your food.
For more health-related information, visit Healthclubfinder.