How Many Eggs Per Day Can Someone Eat on Keto Diet?
If you are planning to prepare a weight loss diet for yourself, the idea of a keto diet must have crossed your mind. The keto diet weight loss plan has been practically on fire for several years now. From celebrities to famous influencers, everyone is on the Ketogenic diet to attain their body goals sooner than later. However, most people who want to fall in line with the ketogenic diet must embrace other dietary options like Egg fast, and that’s why they are often confused and inquire about how many eggs per day can someone eat on keto diet?
The habit of eating healthy and engaging in practices that pertain to a healthy lifestyle can change things for anyone. While fad diets all over the internet are just ‘all talk and no show,’ finding a dietary plan that suits your body’s needs and decreases your weight gradually would be a blessing in disguise, and that’s how Keto Diet is winning hearts.
But there is one rule every beginner on the verge of starting the Keto diet should do- Abide by the regulations to fulfill the Keto Macronutrients need, and (Of course) be determined. Indeed, you could be a trailblazer who wants to experiment with a diet plan that works in your weight loss journey, however, do not expect overnight results.
We would prefer to give you a brief insight into the Ketogenic Diet before jumping in to answer the question; how many eggs per day can someone eat on the Keto Diet?
Keto Diet: A Short Overview
Beginning from the basics, our body needs fuel to operate the entire day, and sugar helps the body obtain these fuels or, as we say, glucose. The more carbohydrates we take, such as vegetables, grains, cereal, fruits, etc., the more our body fuels energy. Meanwhile, the fat keeps getting accumulated.
The intervention point finally comes from the keto diet, a dietary plan high on fats, moderate on protein, and little to no carbohydrates. The more you keep your body deficient in carbohydrates, the more you need to look for alternatives for deriving that energy. This is when it would start breaking down the accumulated fat with the help of Ketosis, produced by our body. Hence, you have successfully reached a keto macronutrients level.
Just like any nutrition plan, the pros and cons of the Keto diet are self-explanatory because of specific rigid restrictions, and you cannot anyhow escape them and think of losing weight. When you sit in front of your device, you will find several dietary experts giving tips and forming their own custom Keto diet.
However, the most famous of them all is an Egg fast keto Diet and the question of how many eggs per day can someone eat on the Keto Diet comes in this category of Egg Fast. Now that we have given you certain basics about the Ketogenic Diet and how it works for you, it’s time to jump back to our topic about Egg fast.
Egg Fast: A Complete Egg-Based Dietary Plan
Like us, you might have got this wrong impression that Egg Fast is probably no egg consumption under the Keto Diet. But there is a slight shift in the meaning. Like any other fasting that involves eating nothing or just a particular thing to detoxify your body; Egg Fast means you can eat nothing other than egg when you have a Keto Diet planned.
Eggs are the most nutritious and easy-to-make food, which most of us prefer for a quick breakfast. Even if we do not consume anything other than eggs, it can make you feel wholesome in one go. It is because eggs are high in protein and fat; but low in carbs. In Fact people who are indulged in strength training add an extra egg meal to keep themselves sufficiently energized.
At first glance, people wonder how they will survive only on eggs for at least a week? But the very first thing with weight loss is perseverance and determination. Yes, it is pretty challenging to survive the entire day on eggs, but it is not impossible considering eggs are everyone’s kitchen staple. Unless you are Vegan! Do not believe in the sources that tell you to avoid eggs on a keto diet as they are the primary keto-friendly nutritious food you should be consuming.
Egg Fasting is a way to overcome the scenario where your Keto Diet isn’t doing you any good, and your body weight stands still to where you started, known as the Weight Loss Plateau. People often face the turmoil of the Weight Loss Plateau when they have already progressed with their Keto Diet plan and do not receive any benefits from the same. That’s why Egg fast is the best way to get going and get your body to adapt to a high-fat, low-carb diet.
How Many Eggs Per Day Can Someone Eat on the Keto Diet?
A crucial point to note is that you are to rely on eggs and all the healthy fats you can take to complete the 200 calorie intake guideline under the Ketogenic Diet. The source of healthy fats could be cheese and butter. You can always have a delicious butter-fried french omelet with lots of cheese drizzled over it. It tastes and sounds mouth-watering.
Getting back to our primary question of how many eggs are too many eggs under a keto diet, then we will first go by the world of Ketolicious Kreations who divide the exact nutrition intake rate under a keto diet per day, which is:
- Fat 60-75% (135-165 grams)
- Protein 25-35% (125-175 grams)
- Carbohydrates 5-10% (20-50 grams)
Now let’s check the macronutrient value of eggs to prove that they are a worthy candidate to be added to a Keto Diet.
70 Gram Calories in Total
- Fat 5 Gram
- Carbohydrates 1 Gram
- Protein 6 Gram
It is self-evident that an egg alone could provide enough fat and protein to a person. Who scales to the mark of a Keto Diet’s Protein and Fat intake rate. As per Keto Diet Guidelines, one can consume only 50 grams of carbs in a day. Moreover, Egg yolk has the most nutrition to offer with 0.6g of carbs, and if you choose to eat only egg whites, it contains 0.2g worth of carbs. That’s why an egg is a perfect macronutrient food making perfect sense of egg fasting.
Also, if you feel like skipping egg yolk, it might not be a good idea considering you will only be relying on eggs for an entire week. Egg yolk has a good amount of Omega-3 unsaturated fat, and there is nothing better than that in a keto diet. Additionally, an egg is rich in calcium, phosphorus, zinc, potassium, magnesium, Vitamin A, B-12, D, E, K, etc. Hence, you must consume whole eggs to receive the macronutrients necessary per the keto calorie guidelines.
Coming back to the question of how many eggs per day can someone eat on the keto diet? The answer is as much as your system allows. People have narrated tales of eating 30 eggs in a day which is probably around 2100 calorie intake in a single day. It might not be possible for you considering it is a little more than regular; however, you can always choose recipes that make eggs finger-licking delicious.
Remember that if you have specific conditions like allergic reactions. To egg or egg-based food products or no gallbladder, you should skip going for egg fasting. Also, it is recommended that if you find it difficult to dive into the egg fasting dietary plan directly. Go for a low-carb diet first and then slowly transition to Egg fast.
Steps to Do Egg Fast
- Eat at least six whole eggs in an entire day.
- You can choose a custom Keto Diet with an egg recipe of your choice to make your food more delicious.
- Eat an egg meal of your choice or whole eggs just after half an hour of waking.
- Any meal should not have more than 5 hours of gap.
- Take one tablespoon worth of butter per egg. You can choose other healthy fat sources like cheese.
- Eat 28g of full-fat cheese.
- Do not eat for at least 3 hours before going to bed
- Drink plenty of water. Try to drink at least eight glasses every day.
- Keep this routine regular for at least a week.
Depending on the result, after following these steps, can we further dive into a more strict keto diet. However, you can consult with a nutritionist based on your body’s reaction. To the diet and see how much weight you have lost in a week by following the footstep of Egg fasting.
Now that we have substantially discussed how many eggs per day can someone eat on the keto diet, we should get an overview of the benefits and disadvantages of Egg Fasting.
Benefits of Egg Fast
- If you have ever heard that Yolk is the source of cholesterol. Then you should know that it is a great supplier of good cholesterol to your body. According to studies, having two eggs in a day is sufficient to increase your HDL (Good Cholesterol).
- There are several unknown elements in our body, like Choline, that play a significant role. Not many foods provide it, but eggs are a great source of Choline. Which develops the signaling cells inside the brain and improves the cell walls.
- The peptide is one hormone in our body that helps us feel full and reduces our appetite. Do consume more carbs because it would then be slashing out your Keto diet. So the more eggs you consume, the more full you feel as it is high in protein and low in carb.
- When you limit your intake of ketosis and cut other regular food. That could increase your calorie and carb intake, it automatically reduces your weight.
- Another unknown ability of Egg Fasting could improve eye health since it contains the two most critical eye-improving antioxidants; Lutein and Zeaxanthin.
- Other than that Ketogenic diet helps you in several ways, such as maintaining your muscle mass and improving/eliminating any chance of high blood sugar or triglyceride.
Potential Downsides of Egg Fasting in Keto Diet
- While we discussed above in the article about how many eggs someone can eat on a Keto diet. The answer would vary substantially for everyone. But the matter of concern is the after-effects of consuming too many eggs, which could cause constipation problems in people.
- If you have heart health problems, egg fasting or the keto diet isn’t a good choice of nutrition for you. It has a sufficient amount of fat that is not good for heart disease patients.
- If you are a diabetic patient, consult with your doctor before deciding how many eggs you can eat in a single day. Since it could affect your blood sugar level and cause insulin resistance, it would be bad for diabetic people.
- An egg fast could only last 3-5 days or a week, and it is a short-term dietary plan. So it may or may not help you with your weight loss in much less time.
- A person undergoing the change process while taking on an egg. A fast diet plan could experience Keto-Flu symptoms. Like increased hunger for regular food, sleep issues, weakness, fatigue, headache, vomiting, etc.
In a Crux
Egg Fasting Keto Diet is a severely restricted nutrition plan. That requires a dietician’s supervision or consultation with an expert. To help you give better advice on this type of fasting. If you have a pancreatic or liver-related disease, you must speak to your doctor before the diet. Remember to look for recipes that suffice your body needs and give you a change of taste.
Having plenty of fluids is essential to keep yourself hydrated while on Egg fasting. Before you hop immediately into the keto egg fasting diet. Be mindful of your health condition (if any) and your body’s capacity to adapt to this change. Because anything quick isn’t worth the risk of your health.
For more health-related information, visit Healthclubfinder.