How Much Does a Tummy Tuck Cost: What You Need to Know Here
People may gain weight for a lot of reasons. Overeating, lack of physical activity, and certain illnesses are a few of them. Gaining weight is home to a lot of ailments. These include cardiovascular problems, respiratory problems, mental health issues, hormonal imbalance, etc. This makes it necessary for overweight people to reduce their weight. You may reduce your weight by jogging, yoga, workouts, or by simply going for a walk every day. However, if you have gained so much weight that you cannot walk properly, then there is another option for you. Abdominoplasty, or Tummy Tuck, is a process where your body fat is remove via surgery. It is a quicker way to reduce weight or to have a nice cosmetic body. Now, you may think, how much does a tummy tuck cost? Let us answer this question in detail.
What Is Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck
Abdominoplasty is the process where fat is remove from the abdominal region via surgery. It is commonly known as Tummy Tuck.
Tummy can be of various types depending upon the amount of fat to be remove. If a lot of fat is to be remove, you may opt for a full tummy tuck procedure. In this procedure, a tummy-wide cut will be made and fat will be remove. This operation takes long hours and requires more recovery time.
For a small amount of fat, it will be better to opt for partial-abdominoplasty or mini tummy tuck. If you are wondering how much is a mini tummy tuck, cost wise, you would be relieved to know that it costs less than a full tummy tuck. In this procedure, only a small cut near your navel area will be make. This operation takes fewer hours to complete and recovery time is also less.
Benefits of Tummy Tuck
A tummy tuck has a lot of benefits associated with it. Here are some of them:
- Better posture: It is likely for an overweight person to have a poor posture due to excess weight in the belly region. Having a tummy tuck surgery reduces the weight significantly and thus helps to improve the posture.
- Better shape: This goes without saying. Lower body fat means a better shape of the body. Tummy tuck enhances the body shape to a great extent as it specifically removes the fat from the abdominal region.
- Protection from diseases: Having excess fat removed from your body prevents a long list of diseases. Some of these diseases include blood pressure issues, sugar level problems, anxiety issues, unbalanced cholesterol, etc.
- Elimination of stretch marks: Many women have stretch marks on their tummies. Having a tummy tuck operation helps to eliminate the stretch marks as well.
Precautions to Be Taken After the Tummy Tuck
The tummy tuck journey does not stop simply after having your operation. It requires proper care and precaution as mentioned here:
- This is major surgery and thus it requires rest for at least 3 months. This means that for three months you will have to take proper rest and not get involve in any kind of physical activity.
- Stay away from work. Before going for a tummy tuck, make sure that you can have at least 3 weeks’ leave after the operation. This is because even the slightest of the activities like laughing or turning around puts pressure on your abdominal region and the target area of your operation is also the abdominal region. After a period of 6-8 weeks, depending upon your recovery, you may go for a desk job. However, you will still need to avoid jobs where it involves traveling or standing for a long time.
- Have a caretaker even for the most minor tasks. You can have a family member to help you or you can hire a nurse as you will not be allow to do even your routine tasks for some time after your operation. This is again because even the slightest movements involve the abdominal muscle which is the affected area in this case.
How much does a tummy tuck cost or mini tummy tuck cost is a question for which there is no “one size fits all” answer. The cost depends on many factors.
Factors Affecting Tummy Tuck Cost
Several factors affect Tummy Tuck cost, they are:
- The type of Operation: How much does a tummy tuck cost is affected by the type of operation you choose. A full tummy tuck will generally cost you more than a mini tummy tuck. A full tummy tuck costs you more because it takes long hours to perform this surgery as more fat is remove from your body. The cuts are deeper and wider, which in turn lead to more recovery time, increasing the treatment’s cost.
However, a mini tummy tuck is generally cheaper. This is because less amount of fat is to be remove, and thus a smaller cut is made. Due to this, the body requires less time to heal, which means lower doses of medicine, thus reducing the overall cost of the treatment.
- The Doctor: Practised and seasoned doctors charge you much more than a doctor at the beginning of his career. Many times, lady doctors charge more than male doctors for operating females.
- Place of treatment: The place where you get your treatment will greatly affect your cost. This is because bigger cities have higher costs associated. The cost of treatment at bigger hospitals with better services will be more as compared to smaller hospitals. Thus, the tummy tuck cost in California will differ from the tummy tuck cost in Virginia.
Some additional factors are also to be considered while answering the question of how much does a tummy tuck cost. These charges may increase your bill:
- Hospital charges: Most of the time the hospital will charge you additional charges that go beyond the doctor’s fee. One such charge is the Bed Charge if you are hospitalize after the operation. The Bed Charge also varies from hospital to hospital and also depends on the type of bed you choose for yourself. For example, you will be charge much higher for a private room equipe with all the luxuries than for a bed in the common room with just the necessary facilities.
- Post-treatment Charges: How much is a tummy tuck depends on these charges as well. These charges include the costs of medicine, post-treatment consultation, or the payment to the caretaker, in case you hire one.
How Much Does a Tummy Tuck Cost?
After considering all these factors, we can answer the question how much does a tummy tuck cost. The average cost of tummy tuck ranges somewhere between $3000-$10000. However, remember that this is just the average cost, and the cost for tummy tuck may change depending upon your case and other factors discussed above.
Being overweight is a problem to be worry about if you are not fixing it already. This can be solve by reducing your weight through different activities such as running or dieting. However, in certain cases, it is not possible to reduce weight using these methods. This problem is solve through Abdominoplasty. It is commonly refer to as tummy tuck. How much does a tummy tuck cost is the question that we have answered in detail in the above article. It is also important to remember that tummy tuck is major surgery and requires proper care and precaution after the surgery as well. You may be anxious to see the results as quickly as possible, but remember that the results start to appear after a few months when your body completes the healing process.