Many of you would like to keep your personal life private. And having a hickey is one of your most personal things. Hickey almost takes two weeks to fade away. Covering a hickey for almost two weeks will be difficult. Do you want to instantly heal the mark of that moment of passion with your partner ? Wondering how to get rid of a hickey fast?
We have got a great read for you! Know how to get rid of hickeys overnight with this read. You no longer need turtleneck sweaters, scarves, and concealers to hide hickey. Breathe a sigh of relief as we have compiled a list of things that can help you get rid of hickey.
Your partner may give you the hickey accidentally. It may be because of a natural kiss or involuntary affection bite on your neck. Usually, Hickey takes around 10-14 days of healing time but there are some methods than you can opt for a quick treatment.
Want to get rid of that pesky love bite? Here is the list of the best of all effective techniques to help speed up the healing process of a hickey. This blog will talk about how to get rid of a hickey quick
Apply Ice Packs:
Questioning how to get rid of hickeys fast? Here is your first step! You must apply a cool compress on your hickey. Use a towel and some of the Ice cubes lying in your fridge. Warp the ice cubes in the towel and pat the towel gently on the hickey. Don’t rub the towel harshly as rubbing a bruise too aggressively can break more blood vessels and will result in making your hickey look even larger.
Keeping your hickey cold will constrict the blood vessels and hence slows blood flow to the area. This turns the color of the hickey lighter as it will constrict the broken capillaries and reduce bleeding. Your bruise will now be less significant. You must make a cold compress within 12 hours of receiving a hickey to aid in the reduction of inflammation.
Wondering how to get hickeys off your neck?
Follow the below points for effective results:
- Take a cold compress or a handful of ice wrapped in a towel and place it on the hickey. Slowly pat this cold compress over the hickey surface.
- You must also leave this ice pack on the hickey for around 10 minutes and give it a break. Also, you must keep on repeating the task several times a day.
- Moving cold compresses gently over bruised skin aids in moving and breaking up the coagulated blood in the area. It works best while getting started on how to heal a hickey task.
- You can also use a cold spoon compress to fade away the hickey. All you need to do is put a few spoons in the freezer. Keep it in the fridge for a minimum of ten to twenty minutes.
- Now, take out one spoon at a time and rub it gently against your hickey. After the spoon starts to warm up, you must replace it with a new one from the freezer.
- You must replace the spoon when it no longer feels cold against your skin. Do this for around ten minutes by replacing one spoon with another. After 10 minutes, give your hickey a break.
- Repeat the process throughout the day many times at least for the first day. However, make sure that your moves are gentle with the spoon over the skin with the hickey.
Repeat the process of putting on the cold packs to the hickey for the first 2-3 days. The hickey will begin to lighten up and skin will start regaining its charm.
While getting started on my guide on how to make a hickey go away instantly, you mustn’t place ice blocks directly onto your bruised skin. Putting ice cubes directly on the hickey can place additional stress on the inflamed area. This may further damage the skin and hence must be avoided.
Once ice packing is done, you are ready for the next step of this guide that says how do you get rid of a hickey? It is time for some hot sponging. Till now you might have gotten away with the red color of the hickey, hot sponging will further heal the bruise. Wait for at least 2 days before you start doing hot sponging. The heat increases blood flow to the area and a cold compress restricts it.
Doing heat sponges over the skin will open up the healthy blood vessels around the hickey. It cleans away the trapped blood in the bruised area.
Once the burst capillaries in the skin heal after roughly two days by cold sponging, there will still be some blood left under the skin. This will slowly start to disperse and your body will absorb. However, heating the area will speed up the process. Hot sponges quicken the reabsorption of blood from the area of the hickey.
This aids in healing the bruise and clearing the discoloration. If you don’t have a hot compress handy, there is still a home remedy. Take a towel and put it into warm water. However to avoid drying out your skin, make sure that the water isn’t too hot.
Thinking about how to take off a hickey flawlessly?
Follow these steps to get the job done flawlessly:
- Pat the warm compress to the hickey for 10 minutes and give it a break. You must give a break of at least 10 minutes again before getting back to the job.
- Repeat the process several times a day. You can also use a warm water bottle for hot sponging. However, don’t use boiling water for the patting.
- If your hickey darkens because of the hot sponges, wait for some more time before starting with step- 2. You must better switch to ice packing for one more day.
- Avoid hot sponges to avoid further bruising and discoloration. A more pronounced hickey means that your skin needs some more time to regain itself.
Before you start with how do I get rid of a hickey guide step-2, make sure that you follow hot sponges only after the ice packs. This is because if blood flow is increased by the warm sponging before the capillaries have healed, this can result in further bruising and darkening of the hickey.
Once the bruise is healed, it is great to nourish your skin. This is step three of my guide on how to get a hickey off? Apply the night moisturizer to attain flawless beautiful skin. Moisturizers with the ingredients like aloe vera and green tea extract will be superb.
It will help you to reduce redness and soothe inflamed skin. If it’s not a problem, choose a fragrance-free moisturizer. This will avoid any unwanted extra element on the bruised skin. Make sure that you rub the fingers in a circular motion. Starting from the inside of the hickey towards outward.
Reasons for Getting a Hickey
For finding out how to get rid of hickies fast, you must know the reasons behind getting a hickey. Hickey is a bruise that you may have when your partner sucks too hard or for a long time on the skin. This may cause the blood vessels underneath your skin to rupture and you may get a red-colored bruise. You may usually get a hickey on the sensitive areas. For example, skin is more sensitive in the areas like neck, shoulders, and chest resulting in for hickeys to develop.
Tips While Treating a Hickey
Surely! you want to know how to get rid of a hickey to get rid of your hickey fast. However, before getting started on how to take off hickies, there are some tips. You need to consider these tips while you treat a hickey.
- It is better to treat the hickey first with ice padding and later follow it with some heat.
- You may get a hickey easily if you have iron deficiency. It is always a great option to underlying issues. Include an iron-rich diet in your chart. This is one of the best ways on how to get a hickey to go away.
- Use the method that suits your skincare. Choosing random hickey removal hacks may do more harm than good to your bruise.
- Puzzled on how to get rid of hickeys? Give it some time. Bruise doesn’t lighten immediately. Nothing will make a hickey disappear overnight. Treating hickeys may help you to get rid of them in a few days.
Don’t fear love moments to get public anymore as I have discussed how to get rid of hickies in detail. A hickey is a dark red mark on the sensitive part of the skin that is usually caused by intensive sucking while kissing. The above article discussed an array of methods on how to get rid of a hickey and fade it away within a few days. Choose the method that suits you the best.
For more health-related information, visit Healthclubfinder.