Doesn’t matter if you’re running after a six-pack or simply focusing on a more grounded center, we realize that Oblique Exercisesimply a perfect move.
The Oblique workout does wonders for your overall well-being and health.
This workout runs at the edges of your center. The oblique muscles have a lot of significance because they aid your body’s rotation and improve its stability.
They help you in positioning your body upright or moving and leaning from side to side.
Let’s look at some of the best oblique exercises that make your body’s core stronger.
1. Bird dog
This exercise is great for your obliques, glutes, and lats. It works on your abs and improves body equilibrium.
It is a very effective oblique workout.
Let’s have a look at the instructions you need to follow while performing the exercise:
- Begin by placing your hands on the floor and keeping your shoulders and knees in accordance with your hips.
- Try to place your right arm and left leg parallel to the floor.
- Strengthen your core.
- Straighten your back.
- Pause and exhale.
Return to the initial position. Start again.
This move aids you in activating your obliques.
Let’s have a look at the instructions on how to perform this exercise:
- Start by comfortably lying on your back and looking up.
- Bend your knees and place your feet on the floor.
- Inhale slowly and lift your head using your core.
- Then, lift your upper back off the floor too.
- Next, touch your heel with your left hand.
- Return to the center position and repeat the same process for the right side.
3. Side Plank
This exercise activates your shoulder muscles along with the muscles of your hips called the gluteus medius. It is one of the best oblique exercises.
Let’s have a look at how to do this exercise:
- Lie down on the floor on your left side.
- Let your hand support your upper body.
- Bend your knees at 45 degrees.
- Place your right leg atop your left.
- While your feet are touching, pull your right hip upwards.
- Keep your right arm on your side or above your head.
- Pause. Start again for the other side after returning to the initial position.
4. TRX Side Plank Crunch
The TRX side plank crunch is great for your body! In addition to the obliques, it works your deltoids.
Let’s look at the instructions to perform this exercise:
Allow your feet into the handles so that your body is parallel to the floor
- With one foot in each handle, turn your body.
- Next, you need to crunch.
- Move your knees closer to the chest.
- Return to the first position. Repeat.
- Then, change sides.
5. Cross-Body Mountain Climber
This is a great form of workout that activates a variety of muscles such as triceps, quads, and obliques.
Follow the following steps to perform this exercise:
- Start by placing your body in a plank position.
- Your glutes should be placed higher than the normal style.
- Place your wrists under your shoulders.
- Use your right elbow to push your knee forward.
- Return to the initial position.
- Repeat the process with the other leg.
6. TRX Oblique Rollout
Work your obliques with this wondrous workout! This exercise activates your chest muscles and deltoids. It is also advantageous for your lats.
Let us look at how to perform this workout:
- Change your TRX groups in accordance with your comfort.
- Hold each handle with your hands.
- Start lowering your chest while moving your arms out.
- Don’t push your body too hard. Lower down till the point your back can remain straight.
- Next, return to focus.
- Finally, drop to the other side.
7. Wide Side Crunch
This exercise works your obliques, glutes, and quads. Let’s see how we can perform this workout:
- Widen your feet.
- Ensure that your body is in a squat position.
- Next, bend your elbows at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Ensure that your arms are at your sides.
- Next, bend to your side and move your right elbow towards the same knee.
- Return to the initial position.
- Repeat the process for the other side.
8. Single-Leg Side Plank
This is one of the people’s favorites!
This workout works out your obliques really well. In addition, your quads and delts are also activated.
Let’s have a look at the following steps of this workout:
- Begin by getting into the position of a side plank.
- Next, you have to gently lift the top leg.
- Use it to support your weight on the other leg.
9. Bicycle Crunch
This workout has dual benefits, my friend! It works out your obliques and is scalable! Its advantages make this a must in your routine.
Let’s have a look at the steps of this workout:
- Begin this exercise by lying on your back so that you can see the roof.
- Next, bring your legs to the tabletop position.
- After this, you need to bend your elbows gently and place your hands behind your head.
- Strengthen your core to lift your head and shoulders off the floor.
- Lift your right elbow to the opposite knee.
- Release gently.
- Repeat the exactly similar process for your other side.
10. Single Arm Toe Touch
Allow your entire core to become fit with this workout! Let us look at the steps to perform this exercise:
- Begin this workout by placing your body on the floor.
- Straighten your legs in front of you.
- Place your arms at your sides.
- Strengthen your core and lift your right arm.
- Curve it to touch your left foot.
- Pause. After a few seconds, return to the initial position.
- Start the process again with the other side.
11. Walking Lunge With Rotation
This is a fun exercise with an ultra-fun twist! It works a multitude of muscles including quads and hamstrings in addition to your obliques.
Let’s have a look at the instructions for this fun exercise!
- Begin by bending your elbows at 90 degrees with your arms in front of you.
- Keep your feet together.
- Move forward with your left leg. Stop when your thighs are parallel.
- Twist your torso above your left thigh. This hits the oblique.
- Slowly move back to the standing position. Twist your torso back.
- Move forward with your right leg. Repeat the process.
12. Oblique Crunch
The oblique crunch activates your side abs like never before!
Let us look at the most effective method to do it:
- Begin by bowing your knees while sitting on the ground.
- Turn on your left hip at a 45-degree angle.
- Next, lift both your knees and feet.
- Keep your correct hand behind your head.
- Next, bring your lower body and chest area closer.
- Return to the initial position and start the process again.
13. Medicine Ball Side Toss
This workout is significant for your deltoids as well as obliques.
Let us look at how we can perform this exercise:
- You need to use a medicine ball for this workout.
- To begin, place yourself around 4 feet away from a divider.
- Your right side should face the divider.
- Using your hands, place the ball on the edge of the left hip.
- Bend and charge the ball towards the divider.
- Catch the ball and bring it back to hip level.
- Repeat again and switch sides.
14. Standing Core Stabilizer
This exercise works your glutes and quads.
Let’s look at the following steps of the workout:
- Begin by keeping your feet, shoulder-width apart.
- Keep your arms straight with your hands touching each other.
- Strengthen your core and twist your upper body to the left.
- Return to the center.
- Repeat the process.
15. Russian twist
The strength of your core and its stability plays an important role in this exercise.
Let us look at the following instructions to perform it:
- Begin by sitting on the floor.
- Bow your knees and keep your feet flat.
- Next, lift your feet, curve your center, and allow your rams to fall on your right side.
- Bend your back and drop to one side.
- Viola! You’re done!
Always remember not to push your body too hard.
As a beginner, don’t try advanced oblique workouts because we have a great variety of beginner exercises for you! If you are a pro, we have a plethora of technical and exceptional exercises to fire your obliques too!
Find your favorite oblique workout today!
For more health-related information, visit Healthclubfinder.