You might not know but a relatively injured ankle can give rise to excruciating pain for the first time. It is rather safe to try some home remedies at first, but if the pain stays then you must take an appointment with an ankle pain doctor without wasting any further time. There are some reasons when you actually have to consult a doctor for your joint health problems because home remedies may not help you at all.
- If your ankle has swelling or severe pain, then you must head for a doctor immediately to get some help
- If you are suffering from severe deformity or open wound, better visit a doctor
- In case, you have signs of infections like warmth, infections or redness, try consulting a doctor
- If the pain results in fever, then something is terribly wrong, and you have to visit a trained ankle pain doctor without fail
- Even after trying if you fail to put weight on foot, then you might want to get help from the trained doctor immediately.
Focusing On Arthritis Ankles:
You are always invited to visit an ankle pain doctor if you are the worst victim of arthritic ankles. Home remedies for such instances won’t help and you have to consult a doctor for the best treatment. The treatment of such issue will vary depending on the symptoms and the extent of problem.
- The initial treatment begins with modifying the current activities and trying to strengthen the muscles around ankles. For that, the doctors might present you with some balance exercises and also prescribe some anti-inflammatory medicines.
- In case you are overweight or obese, then you will be asked to lose weight immediately. You can further try to get a cane for hand, opposite the ankle that hurts. It helps in alleviating pressure on affected joint. They will ask you to buy shoes which have convex or rocker sole for decreasing force on ankle while walking.
- On the other hand, if your ankle has been diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis, then it is time to deal with medication management. Braces and compression sleeves will be of great help. You can purchase these products after consulting ankle pain doctor from a drugstore near you.
- The customized braces are designed to eliminate motion and also for taking the pressure right off ankle for the next treatment. Sometimes, the doctors might prescribe injections or stem cells, and even platelet rich plasma injections.
Common Medications Available:
Any kind of unwanted movement can lead to ankle pain and then visiting ankle pain doctor is the last resort. The most common forms of medications used for ankle sprains are anti-inflammatory pain medications, designed to reduce pain.
It further helps in controlling the inflammation around your ankle. If you fail to tolerate these drugs, then the doctors might recommend narcotics or acetaminophen or Tylenol as some of the other pain-relieving alternatives.
Preventing Measures To Address:
Other than offering you with medications, the ankle pain doctor might provide you with some preventing measures. It is rather simple like wearing right shoes or as complicated as like balancing training for athletes.
- It is mandatory for you to keep the ankles flexible and strong. For that, you might have to visit a physical therapist for proper exercises.
- You might even have to wear proper shoes meant for your activities. Try wearing stable shoes to provide your ankle with the best support.
These are some of the major reasons to consider taking help from ankle pain doctor. The results will definitely work in your favor.