Belly fat is not only a nuisance in context to your appearance but also for your health. The most common type of fat which is found in our body in this region is- visceral fat. Excess of visceral fat is a threat to the heart or may result in type 2 diabetes. Hence, it actually is harmful. Reduce belly fat may be a hard task but there are several things that can help you achieve results faster. Here are some of the most effective ones.
Eat Plenty Of Soluble Fibre
The most common reason behind food not being properly digested and assimilated, hence been stored as fat; is when it passes through our digestive tract very quickly. The slower it passes through, the better is the absorption of food by the body.
Eating food with more Soluble Fibre slows down the time path of food through your digestive tract as it combines with water to form a gel-like substance. This gel-like substance slows down the passage of food, providing a longer time for it to be assimilated by the body.
Other benefits of soluble fibre:
- It makes you feel full and promotes quantitative dietary habits.
- Soluble/dietary fibre passes through the body unprocessed. In this way, it combines with cholesterol and other unhealthy components in your food and takes it out of your body along with it.
- As it is passed out undigested, it may absorb extra calories from your food.
Source- Oatmeal, Oat Bran, Apples, Citrus fruits, Rice Bran, Barley, Legumes, Flaxseeds, Brussels sprouts, Avocados, etc.
Reduce Your Stress Levels
Stress is known to trigger Cortisol (known as the stress hormone) production by the adrenal gland. High Levels Of Cortisol drive abdominal fat storage and increase appetite.
Therefore, it is necessary to get relieved by unwanted stress and provide your body with a better chance of being healthy.
Some activities which can help reduce your stress level :
- Leisure activities like music or dance.
- Find a hobby and join nurturing classes.
- Go for yoga or meditation.
- Exercise on a daily basis, at least 30-45 minutes a day.
- Go for morning or evening walks.
- Watch comedy movies or genres that you like.
Exercise- Mix Your Movements
Do not focus on only specific body part exercises thinking that it is just the belly that needs toning! Whenever you go for cardio, spend an equal amount of time lifting. During weight training- go for alternative sets of upper and lower body exercises.
This allows the muscles to work maximally with necessary downtime- when your upper body works, the lower muscles get time to recover and vice versa.
Note: Avoid doing crunches. Crunches will strengthen your stomach muscles, which are below the belly fat and hence, it will not help you much to reduce that belly fat.
Dieting- A Myth!
Many people think that skipping food and dieting can help them lose weight or fat. But this is not the case! You should never skip meals in order to diet. Not eating anything for long periods of time puts your body in a catabolic state as your body has depleted glycogen and fat reserves.
This results in the breakdown of muscle tissue into simpler amino acids to provide for fuel. Therefore, skipping meals totally reverses the proposed effects.
You just need a balanced diet. A good diet along with regular exercising can be accompanied by supplements that help you burn fat. These Supplements For Weight Loss increase your metabolism and reduce fat absorption by the body.
Check On The Amount Of Sleep You Get
Scrolling through social media to having a late movie night to working longer hours- there are several ways in which we unknowingly keep our bodies awake at night. Lack of sleep not only makes you feel groggy the next morning but also affects weight loss. The amount of sleep directly relates to the amount of two hormones- Ghrelin and Leptin- which affect our appetite adversely.
This means that lack of sleep secretes more Ghrelin and Leptin so that when we wake up, we wake up feeling more hungry than we should. This increases our appetite and contributes to belly fat. A proper 7-9 hours of sleep is hence necessary for a fat-loss journey.
Switch Out Refined Grains For Whole Grains
Whole grains are high in fibre and once again, dietary fibre in the diet is a very important component to reduce belly fat.
- Whole grains make you eat less and still make you full.
- Avoid white grains. Favour brown over white- like having brown bread or rice over the white ones. The main difference between white and brown is the way of processing the grain. Lesser processed grains contain more fibre.
Drink Plenty Of Water
Drinking water at regular intervals of the day leads to better metabolism. Moreover, water flushes out the toxins present in your body, which reduces the burden and makes your attempts towards a healthier life more successful.
- Drink about 8-9 glasses of water per day.
- Keep a track of how hydrated you are. If you are taking enough water then your urine runs almost clear or very light yellow.
- Reduce the amount of alcohol/sugary or carbonated drinks you take.
- You can have fresh fruit juices, avoid the bottled ones.
Eat More! But Lesser Carbs
It may not sound helpful but eating less will not help you in your attempt to reduce fat, eating more will! You should never avoid your pangs of hunger. However, eat what is good.
The problem comes only when you eat the wrong thing.
The case with carbs is that people consume way more carbs than required which the body starts storing as fats.
EAT HEALTHY FOOD 90% OF THE TIME AND BURN YOUR BELLY FAT FAST.
What to eat? Eat fruits, vegetables, whole-grain chips/ biscuits. But cut on pasta, rice, potatoes, etc. Try out different Types Of Bread for a healthier diet.
Fat Burning Beverages
- There are a lot of fat burning beverages to complement your balanced diet. These contain ingredients that are supposed to burn belly fat.
- Matcha Green Tea: It is the highest quality green which helps to melt away your belly fat.
- Ginger Tea: Ginger improves digestion as well as heat production in warm-blooded bodies.
- You may take soups that support the fat-burning mechanism. TrimAid-Fat Burner Soups also tend to increase your metabolism.
- If you have a sweet tooth, you may get your hands on some Dybesweet- Fat-Free Milkshakes to satisfy your urge of having something sweet but not fatty.
Note: Avoid artificial sweeteners- they contain a lot of chemicals and lead to weight gain particularly around the midsection.
Set Reasonable Goals And Track Your success
You can see and feel the changes taking place in your body even weekly if you do the efforts rightly. Set achievable targets, of calories/quantity of your diet. Go day by day and see how your body responds to this healthy life. You will feel much more active and refreshed. You may measure your BMI periodically.
Belly fat, in general, excess body fat is evidently harmful. It ends up in long term cardiovascular issues, diabetes, fatigue and whatnot. To be able to enjoy life, you must be healthy and able enough. Maintaining your body fat at a level is one step towards the same. Living spontaneously with whatever comes your way is fun at times, however, you may prefer a bit of planning for what you intake in order to improve what comes out of you. Plan a way of life, not just a day or two- eat healthily, drink water, get enough sleep, make enough time for physical activity.
LIVE HEALTHIER, LIVE BETTER.