Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream
Generic Name: Triamcinolone acetonide
Dosage Form: Cream
Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream is nowadays commonly used by doctors, especially by dermatologists and otolaryngologists, as the results of this medication are fast and effective. You can find it from the market in various forms like Triamcinolone acetonide lotions, creams, nasal sprays, and ointments.
But you have to be very careful while taking this drug as it is a long-acting corticosteroid, which also has severe side-effects if taken in a wrong way. To get comprehensive information about triamcinolone acetonide ointment read this write-up as it consists of the usage and precautions that you need to take while administering this treatment.
1. What is Triamcinolone Acetonide?
Triamcinolone acetonide is a synthetic corticosteroid and topically medication which is used to relieve the discomfort of mouth sores and various skin problems. It is also intra-articularly utilized by doctors to operate various joint conditions and it also improves lung functions.
Did you know? 1 gram of Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream USP(0.1%) contains
1 mg of Triamcinolone Acetonide (triamcinolone acetonide cream) in a cream form that consists of glyceryl monostearate, cetyl esters wax, cetyl alcohol, isopropyl palmitate, propylene glycol, polysorbate-60, polysorbate-80, and purified water.
Below is the table which shows the strength of several steroids:
2. Usage of Triamcinolone Acetonide
- Triamcinolone acetonide is a highly effective medication for skin problems like dermatitis, eczema, allergies, and rashes.
- It is a corticosteroid with strong to medium potency; that’s why it reduces swelling, redness, and itching.
- It is also used in nasal sprays to treat allergic Rhinitis.
3. How to Use Triamcinolone Acetonide cream?
This drug comes in many forms like in lotions, creams or ointments, and sprays. Read the below instructions and apply according to its form:
Cream or Lotion
- Use this cream only on the outer skin of your body, not on areas like underarms, groin, and face unless your doctor told you to do.
- First, wash and thoroughly dry your hands and also clean the affected area then apply a thin layer of the cream on it.
- Usually, do it 2 to 4 times a day or as directed by your doctor.
- Also, do not cover the area after you applied the cream, but you can use loosely fitted diapers on an infant.
- It is used to prevent seasonal allergies such as the stuffy nose, itchiness in the nose, eyes, and throat.
- For adults, 2 sprays in each nostril, twice in a day, and for children 1 spray in each nostril once in a day or as directed by your doctor.
- Gently clean or blow your nose before using this medication.
- Shake the spray bottle and remove the cap and close one nostril with your finger and spray it in one nostril then repeat the process for the second nostril.
4. Side Effects
Like any other drugs, this also has some side effects:
These were the common side effects that are seen, but if you face serious symptoms like skin marks, decoloration, hair bumps, and excessive hair growth, it is better to tell your doctor straight away.
- Wash your hands whenever you apply this unless you are using this medication for your hands.
- This is very harmful to eyes, so avoid the contact of medication with eyes as it can cause Glaucoma.
- If you get the medication in sensitive areas of your body like eyes, mouth, and nose, rinse with plenty of water and in a severe case, go to the nearby hospital.
- Never use this medication for longer than prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not use this medication if you see any infection or sore in the area.
- Avoid using in pregnancy, use only when your doctor told you.
Triamcinolone Acetonide is very harmful to the body if swallowed, and also its overdose may cause trouble breathing and fainting. If you accidentally take the overdose, then immediately contact the nearest hospital.
- Never share this medication with others as it may not suit others.
- If the doctor prescribes this medication for the current treatment, never use the same later for other skin problems.
Always make sure whenever you take any medication, inform your doctor about it. Also, we recommend you to note down the effects and allergies caused while administering these treatments. Next time when you visit your doctor inform them about all these symptoms. For more medical information and beauty & health care tips, visits Healthclubfinder.