Liposuction has become a popular body contouring procedure for some time now. But the most confusing question that people come across is which one is the best? Let’s have a look at some of the most common types of liposuction that people choose to undergo.
What Are the Different Types of Liposuction?
In India, the following five types of liposuction are performed by cosmetic surgeons and skilled doctors in order to remove stubborn fat pockets from the body.
- Tumescent liposuction- The doctor injects special chemicals such as lidocaine and epinephrine before the surgery to make the area to be treated swollen. This helps the surgeon get better access to the area and remove the fat cells easily. Also, lidocaine has anesthetic effects while epinephrine can reduce the chances of bleeding.
- SmartLipo or Laser-assisted liposuction- The doctor uses laser technology to break the fat cells. The dissolved fat cells are easily sucked out through a cannula. It doesn’t require large incisions and guarantees faster recovery compared to other types of liposuction. In addition to this, laser technology ensures precise results and better reshaping of the body.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction- It offers similar advantages that laser-assisted liposuction provides. In this procedure, with the aid of high-frequency sound waves, the fat cells dissolve which makes it easier for the surgeon. This is the most appropriate type of liposuction for males with fat deposition on the chest, developing saddlebags, and other areas.
- Power-assisted liposuction- In order to remove high depositions of fat, this is the most effective type. The doctor uses a vibrating cannula to break down the fatty cells. The doctor doesn’t have to put effort to break down the fat cells.
- Suction-assisted liposuction- This is the oldest type of liposuction available. Depending on the extent of fat removed and the patient’s physique, the recovery takes around 1-3 months. This type of liposuction is not advisable for those who want to remove fat from small parts of the body such as under the chin. This type of liposuction is not favored by doctors as it can incur severe side effects such as excessive bleeding, infection, etc.
How to Decide Which Type of Liposuction Is Most Suitable for Me?
Here are some factors to consider when you are making a decision of choosing the suitable type of liposuction for yourself.
- Specific parts of the body that you wish to reshape and sculpt out the stubborn fat from
- The extent or volume of fat you want to remove from the body
- The time you can provide for the successful recovery after the surgery
- Your tolerance level towards pain
- Your body’s reaction to any type of anesthesia
- After liposuction, are you looking to undergo another surgery for the removal of extra skin and tissue?
- The amount you are willing to spend on the procedure excluding anesthesia fees, follow-up consultation fees, transportation costs, etc.
Although liposuction is an elective procedure which means a patient chooses to undergo the procedure, take the guidance of experts and cosmetic surgeons. These specialists have high experience and proper aesthetic sense so they will be able to guide you better about the procedure, what to expect and the final results that will appear.
Which Is the Best Type of Liposuction?
Technology has revolutionized our way of living. It has pierced every aspect of living, including health. Over the last few decades, there have been several inventions and developments in terms of technology in the medical field. Hence, it was not at all surprising when the technique used for liposuction also experienced an upgrade.
Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy or VASER liposuction is the most novel technique of liposuction now available in India. Several clinics similar to Pristyn Care are mushrooming across the country where you can avail of this body sculpting procedure. There has been an increase in the footfall of people opting for this liposuction as the awareness of personal grooming and beauty rises amongst the people.
Here is the step-by-step procedure of VASER liposuction so that you are aware of what exactly the procedure includes-
- Prior to the surgery, an anesthetist administers local anesthesia to make the patient go into a deep slumber.
- Once the patient is sedated, the doctor makes several small incisions in the specific area through which they put a mixture of saline solution and an anesthetic.
- Next, the doctor inserts small ultrasound probes through the incisions that can emit ultrasound waves.
- At a particular frequency set by the doctor, the probes emit ultrasound waves. The energy from these waves breaks the fatty cells into a liquid form.
- With the help of a cannula, the dissolved fat, as well as most of the mixture, is extracted skillfully.
- At last, the surgeon closes the incisions with dissolvable glue or stitches.
You must be wondering why there is such a growing demand for VASER liposuction? The answer is simple. This type of liposuction offers several advantages over the conventional method of liposuction.
Here is a table of distinction between the conventional and VASER type of liposuction.
|Traditional Liposuction||VASER Liposuction|
|Doctors make incisions of 5-7 cm before the surgery.||Doctors make incisions of 1-2 cm before the surgery.|
|There is a high possibility that this type can leave visible scars.||After VASER liposuction, the chances of any visible scarring is almost nil.|
|As incisions are large, there is a high chance of excessive blood loss.||Due to the small incision size, the risk of excessive bleeding is almost minimal.|
|The wounds take almost one month to heal.||The wounds heal within 7 days provided the patient follows proper post-operative instructions.|
|The success rate is much lower as compared to the latest types.||The success rate is high as compared to other types of liposuction.|
|The patient is sedated with general anesthesia.||Local anesthesia is used for this type of liposuction so that the person doesn’t feel any pain or discomfort.|
|The skin of the treated area may become bumpy or wavy.||Skin remains smooth and uniform even after the recovery period is over.|
|Results may take over 3months to appear.||Results appear as soon as the recovery period is complete which is 3 months.|
|People complain of pain and discomfort during recovery due to the to and fro movement of the cannula.||As there is no such movement of the tube, the chances of excessive pain are much lower.|
There are several types of liposuction now available an interested individual can choose to undergo. However, it is extremely important to weigh the pros and cons of each type of liposuction so that you can make the appropriate choice. There are several factors that govern the decision of choosing the appropriate type. Also, it is important to consult with cosmetic surgeons to discuss each type of liposuction and take into consideration their recommendations on the same.
So, these were the type of liposuction explained by Healthclubfinder.