Porcelain Veneers Before and After: Process, Benefits, Cost
While looking through glossy magazines, most of us wonder how all these people have such perfect teeth? How are their smiles sparkling white and flawlessly aligned?
Whether you have dentophobia or are satisfied with your dental care, your teeth might never look like those stars’ smiles. Are they all genetically honored? Is there some secret to those eye-catching smiles?
Many have been enjoying the benefit of dental porcelain veneers to get a flawless white smile. Wondering what it is and how it would work for you?
Read on to know everything you need to understand about dental veneers with before and after scenarios explained.
What Are Veneers Exactly?
Veneers are a delicate coating of porcelain or composite resin material that sticks to the tooth surface. They are custom-made as per the size, structure, and color of the individual receiving them.
Many people get veneers for cosmetic purposes. But they can also medicinally use them. They are less invasive than setting a crown implant or denture.
Also, they are prevalent in treating several cosmetic problems, including discolored, broken, or smaller-than-average teeth.
While some people may have one veneer in the case of a chipped tooth, many get six to eight veneers to produce a rightful and balanced smile.
How Does Dental Veneer Benefit You?
These are the three top-notch benefits that you get after veneer treatment:
It Improves The Quality Of Your Smile
You will be surprised to see the before and after veneer results. They work best at whitening your teeth and fixing minor misalignments. This gives you a perfect pearl-white smile. Additionally, they do not cause any discoloration and are completely strain-free.
It Restores The Lost Enamel
Due to the regular consumption of high acidic foods, the tooth enamel loses its ability to deal with cracks, cavities, or discoloration.
Fortunately, veneers help in the rehabilitation of lost enamel and resolve minor cosmetic issues such as crooked or misaligned teeth.
It Makes You Super Confident
A gorgeous smile can boost your confidence ten times greater than before. After getting this dental treatment, the tooth color transforms back to the color of the natural enamel you inherently have. All these aspects allow you to walk and talk confidently in front of a big group of people.
What Makes You A Good Candidate To Get Veneers?
Veneers are not for everyone. Some people are not good candidates for this process. In most cases, anyone looking to improve the appearance of their smile might be a prospect for veneers.
But there are a few cases where getting veneers might not work as expected. Some of them are as follows:
- If your teeth are very worn down, fixing them with veneers is a very challenging task.
- Getting orthodontic treatment might be necessary if you have gaps between your teeth. After the orthodontist moves the teeth to remove unwarranted gaps, he can place the veneers.
- It is good to visit an orthodontist when your teeth are too dense, your jaw is small, or there are some misaligned teeth. Otherwise, the treatment would leave bad veneers before and after results on your smile.
Process Of Getting Porcelain Veneers — Before And After
- Once your cosmetic dentist finds out that you are an ideal candidate for veneers, you are only two visits far away from receiving them. First, the dentist will evaluate your mouth to know whether you need any other dental work done before veneers.
If the dentist finds out that instead of veneers, you need a root canal first, he will intimate you to visit an orthodontist. This same process comes up if you need an implant or cavities filled. When everything gets done as required, the dentist may proceed further.
- First, your dentist will give you a shot of local anesthesia. Then he will remove a thin layer of enamel from your teeth that are less than the thickness of one fingernail.
- Next, the dentist makes impressions to develop a mold from which he will make a veneer. Until then, your dentist will fix a temporary restoration to your teeth. It is a good time to know how your teeth look after the whole veneer process gets finished. You can also evaluate the possible pattern and color of the teeth before he sets the permanent veneer.
- During the second visit, your dentist will remove the temporary restoration from your teeth. Then, he will put bonding glue on your teeth. At last, he will install a permanent veneer. There you go, smile like the sunshine.
Risks And Complications In Before And After Veneers Process
Difficulties with getting veneers are rare. But some risks still exist that may result in severe complications in some cases. Some of them are:
- Allergic reactions may occur due to the local anesthesia dosage.
- Cracking and breakage to veneers
- Increase in tooth sensitivity because some part of the natural enamel is cleared out of the tooth.
- Tooth infections and staining
How To Take Care After Getting Veneers?
Veneers before and after processes are simple.
Recovering from both the dental appointments for positioning the veneers is very easy.
In the initial days, you might feel your teeth are sensitive to temperature. But this would go away over time. You might also feel a mild soreness in your gums.
Here are some care tips to follow before and after veneers treatment:
- Do not chew hard materials like metal caps, pens, ice, glass bottles, or fingernails.
- Avoid opening the packet with your teeth.
- Avoid biting with your front teeth. If you are eating hard food, try using your back teeth only. Instead of having whole food in your mouth, cut it into small pieces and then have it.
- If you have a problem with teeth grinding at night, wear a retainer that stops you from hurting yourself.
- While playing sports, wear a mouthguard.
- Veneers need care the same as your teeth require. Brush it two times a day along with the right type of toothpaste.
Some kinds of toothpaste have abrasive elements which are harmful to the teeth. So, buy toothpaste containing substances like hydrogen peroxide, sodium bicarbonate, or baking soda for healthy & shiny teeth.
What’s more! Plan regular dental visits and teeth cleanings with your dentist. Also, practice good oral hygiene at home. If you are doubtful about what to do, talk to your dentist for an adequate understanding right away.
How Long Do Porcelain Veneers Stay?
Getting porcelain veneers is a permanent arrangement. They are not removable and remain in your mouth once you have them permanently.
Given adequate care, good teeth brushing, and periodic dentist visits, most veneers can remain up to 10-15 years. Some even prevail up to 20 years.
How Much Does Porcelain Veneers Cost?
The idea of porcelain veneers is a kind of investment. They are not inexpensive. The average expense for a porcelain veneer ranges from 900 dollars to 2,500 dollars per tooth. This price will fluctuate depending on your personal needs and where you reside.
Veneers are a great way to enrich your smile by transforming your teeth’ color, structure, and size. The ultimate cue to them is to find a dentist who knows how to create wonders for your mouth.
Maybe you have seen someone with unnatural-looking veneers or someone with teeth that look too white before and after the veneer process. Choose the right dentist should help you customize the veneers and help you look and feel as natural as possible.
We hope you make up your mind after considering the results of porcelain veneers before and after. If you still have questions, leave them in the comments below.
For more health-related information, visit Healthclubfinder.