Coronavirus nowadays becomes a headline of all major news agencies due to its outbursts in China and other affected countries. The virus has affected more than 2000 people, out of which this deadly virus has killed more than 50. Many wondered that it is a new virus, but the truth is that it is not a new virus. So, through this post, let’s learn everything from coronavirus symptoms, treatment, and precautions from this deadly virus.
What is Coronavirus?
The first time it was identified in the 1960s and got this name due to its crown-like shape. It can affect humans as well as animals. It is a family of large viruses that affects you from cold to Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (Sars). The virus attacks the respiratory system causing pneumonia-like lung lesions. It usually occurs in winter and spring, and the person becomes ill with the cold and catch it again after four months or later as its antidotes not able to work for a longer time. There are different types of coronavirus, and all coronavirus infection is not deadly.
The Middle East respiratory syndrome was firstly spread in 2012 and killed 858 people in Saudi Arabia, Middle East, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Europe. In 2003 about 774 people died due to severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), and since 2015, there was no report about SARS, but in January 2020, a new coronavirus, Novel coronavirus was identified in China affecting more than 2000 people in China and USA.
Fact: Common hosts of the virus includes pigs, bats, birds, camels, and cats.
What are the Types of Human Coronavirus?
- Human coronavirus OC43 (HCoV-OC43)
- Human coronavirus 229E (HCoV-229E)
- Human coronavirus HKU1
- Human coronavirus NL63 (HCoV-NL63, New Haven coronavirus)
- Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV), previously known as novel coronavirus 2012 and HCoV-EMC.
- Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV), also known as Wuhan pneumonia or Wuhan coronavirus
What are The Symptoms of Human Coronaviruses?
- A feeling of being unwell
- exacerbated asthma
- runny nose
- sore throat
- Difficulty in breathing
How Is It Transmitted?
Just like any other coronavirus, human coronavirus gets transmits when a person sneeze or cough and the droplets get into contact with the other person. Just like cold, it is spread when a person touches the contaminated surface like the door handle, table, and other contaminated areas. If you are experiencing any of its symptoms and make sure to limits its spread. To avoid the spread of this life, claiming viruses make sure to stay at home and rest. Cover the mouth with the handkerchief while sneezing or coughing. Make sure to maintain hygiene to avoid spreading it to the near and dear ones.
Who are at The Utmost Risk?
Although everybody is at the risk of coronavirus, young and older adults are at the highest risk. The risk category includes:
- Children below 2 years
- People with more than 65 years of age
Is There Any Coronavirus Treatment?
As of now, there is no coronavirus treatment and no coronavirus vaccine, but one has to follow all the things one follows ways to treat the common cold. But one can detect the type of human coronavirus by taking a sample of respiratory fluids like blood or mucus from the nose.
- Drink plenty of water
- Drink as much fluid as possible
- Wash your hand with alcohol-based hand sanitizer or soap
- Keep your hand away from nose, mouth, and eyes; they are the main gateways to infection
- Avoid smoky area and smoking
- Avoid shaking hands with the suspected person
- Be careful at the airport and public transportation
- Use clean humidifier
Fact: No coronavirus vaccine is available till date
How to Lower Down the Risk in the Family, Especially Amongst Kids?
Children are more prone to the risk of getting affected by such viruses due to lower immunity, more physical contact while playing with each other and are not best to maintain hygiene. However, you can lower down the risk with the following steps.
- Keep home dry and clean;
- Use a clean cloth to wipe the surface each time especially for kitchen, bedroom, and door handles;
- Provide a separate towel to each member of the family;
- Explaining kids about the importance of hygiene and how coronavirus spreads.
Also Read: Lymphoma: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
If you are feeling any of the above-said coronavirus symptoms, directly rush to the doctor. Even in case you are facing such symptoms, don’t panic, contact your doctor, and keep away from senior citizens and children especially. With the right precautions, you can avoid its spread. For all the health tips and advice, keep reading HealthClubFinder.